Tuesday 4 September 2007

Committment to work!



Last week i had all my pre-sales and consultants together for our quarterly off site. This is 2-3 days of learning + a bit of team building. We visit our Cheshire office and normally challenge the tech support guys! Last few quarters we have had go-karting and go ape (swinging from trees!). I deny being involved in the decision making process for the latest activity. I just delegate the job whilst before i went on holiday. Bad mistake! This time some smart Alec had the idea of paint balling. We were not prepared! At one point whilst engaged in this mad activity one of my fellow teammates thought i was a baddy and opened fire at close range (6 feet!). I got shot in various placed. He drew blood on both hands, alot of bruising (hopefully you can see from the crap photo) and i have had bruises on my legs that started as nice red marks, went blue, then purple and now most of my leg is yellow - and its been a week since the incident happened! Good news is there is a bit of post activity "sport" as the guy who mistook me for a baddy realised after the event that he just shot his bosses boss!

Next quarter i think we should just organise domino's or some pub related activity though deep down i know this is not going to happen.

2 comments:

J said...

Ow! Never tried but always thought it looked like fun. I may have just changed my mind.

Somehow, oddly, real guns in a sprting context seems the safer option!

I said...

I was surprised by the ability of the paintball gun. At one point i hit someone lurkying in the undergrowth about 60 feet from me. I did have height advantage. Distance and power is good. Accuracy can be a little off. Next shot was about 1ft wide and i didn't move!