Sunday 25 November 2007

Mac vs PC

So the old PC is filling up. Now have 30Gb of music, music videos and the old bit of TV on it and its growing everyday. We have a new Apple Store in the local town and i spent 30 mins yesterday playing with an iMac, MacPro and iphone!

24" imac with 2GB of RAM and 500Gb of disk space looks good. Got to think about the migration - most things are platform independent - JPEG's, MP3 files, but its the apps - Adobe tells me i have to purchase a "platform upgrade" to move from PC to Mac, plus need to look at all the other things that need to migrate and figure out the true cost. Alternative is to dual boot the iMAC of course! Mmm.... Choices to make

Not keen on the iphone. Bit slow and a bit fiddly for my fat fingers!

1 comment:

J said...

I know people who dual-boot and it seems to work well enough. Not sure that would do it for me though. I'd almost rather make the switch and see what was new and different about the iMac? Agree about the platform fee from Adobe, though. This is a real pain and one of the things that has kept me from trying a Mac out at home. That and in general the pain in transferring a bunch of apps that, in all honesty, I've baulked at even moving to a new PC, let alone a Mac.