Saturday 3 May 2008

TAXI


So this is the way to get around Paris. MotoTaxi! This is Eric. He picked me up at Gare du Nord station after i got off the eurostar and 20 mins later we were at the office in central Paris. Great if you have small luggage (i had 1 laptop and an overnight bag). You get waterproof coat, full face helmet (with mike so you talk to the rider), gloves and a waterproof cap that covers your legs. The rider has satnav so can find anywhere in France if need be and it's a flat rate of 30 euros anywhere in downtown Paris. Now I'm not the worlds best pillion as i ride a bike. I have to say i really enjoyed it. You get to "feel" the city as you whiz through. It's safe. It's also quicker than a car as i found out the next day. I booked Eric to come pick for the return journey me up via email. We went back to gare du nord in rush hour. We only took 20 mins through really heavy traffic which would have probably taken over 60 mins in a car. The fun bit? Just after leaving the office i realised we were heading towards the arc de triomphe. I can now claim to have gone around it on a bike in heavy traffic and survived!

No comments: